Sunday, November 20, 2005

First Sauna.

Anne and I took the first sauna in our new heat room. The heat is pretty good for an extremely small sauna. I am fairly certain that three could fit comfortably, but it is very nice for two. I need to figure a lower bench or step for the the room and to put up the trim, but otherwise it is a very nice little sauna.

I also finished the shower. It looks pretty good. I am pleased with the look of it, but wouldn't do it the same way if I were to do it again.

Only two small issues arose from the maiden voyage. First the sauna seeps water from under the stove. I am planning on putting some vinyl patch and sloping the floor to the drain when I do the bathroom and hallway. I was also thinking of running a bead of silicone on the outside edge of the plate before I panel the wall, but have to research if that is the proper thing to do. The second issue is that the showerhead is too powerful for the size of the shower. There was quite a bit of overspray onto the floor. I took the restrictor out of the the head and I think that may have been a mistake. I hope I didn't throw it away. I want to see if that will fix the problem.

All in all I am very pleased with the sauna. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

A side note; Our eldest cat Momma Cat is ill. She is starting to get better. She ate some solid food today and that is a good sign. We don't have to take her back to the vet. We'll just wait and see now.